This topic explains how to replace a lost device using inSync.
Replacing a lost device
If you lose a device on which inSync client was installed, you can replace it with another device and restore data backed up on inSync server.
Before you begin: Make sure that the replacement device has the same operating system and hard disk partitions as your old device.
To replace a device
- Install inSync client on your replacement device. For instructions, see Installing inSync client. On installation, the Activating Druva inSync window appears.
- Type the Server URL, Email, and Password for accessing inSync server, and then click Activate.
- If required, you are prompted for proxy server details. Enter the required details. For more information, see Configuring proxy settings during activation.
- Select Replace an existing device, and from the list of devices, click the device that you want to replace.
- (Optional) Restore system settings from one of your other devices.
- Select Yes for Do you want to restore system settings on this device.
- From the list of devices, click the device from which you want to restore system settings.
- Click Finish. inSync client is activated. The Restore window appears.
- Restore all data to the original location. For instructions, see Restoring data
- Click Finish.
- Restore the latest snapshot of the device to its original location. For more information, see Restoring data using inSync client.