This topic explains how to reactivate inSync client.
Reactivating inSync client on your device
You may need to reactivate inSync client installed on your device. For example, if your administrator changes the inSync server URL, inSync client will not be able to connect to the inSync server unless you reactivate it.
During activation, you will have two options:
- To add the device as a new one. If you select this option, data from both your devices will be backed up. You can also restore data to both your devices.
- To replace your existing device with the new one. If you select this option, only data from your new device will be backed up. You will not be able to backup or restore data to the replaced device.
If your administrator has allowed system and application settings to be backed up from your devices, you will also have the option of restoring the system and application settings on your existing devices to your new device.
Before you begin:
- Keep information about the inSync server URL and the username and password of your inSync account handy.
- If inSync client has to communicate with the inSync server through a proxy server, keep the proxy configuration details handy. Contact your inSync administrator for the proxy details.
To reactivate inSync client
- On the left navigation pane, click My Account.
- Click the Account Summary tab.
- Click Reactivate. The Activate Druva inSync window appears.
- Type the Server URL, Email, and Password for accessing inSync server, and then click Activate.
- If required, you are prompted for proxy server details. Enter the required details. For more information, see Configuring proxy settings during activation.
- Add or replace your device.
- To add a new device, select Add this new device to my account.
- To replace an existing device, select Replace an existing device, and from the list of devices, click the device that you want to replace.
- (Optional) Restore system settings from one of your other devices.
- Select Do you want to restore system settings on this device.
- From the list of devices, click the device from which you want to restore system settings.
- Click Finish.