This topic explains how to activate inSync client.
About inSync account activation email
To use inSync client, you must have an inSync account. This account is created by your inSync administrator. When the inSync administrator creates your account, you will receive an email with the account details. This email is called the inSync account activation email and contains the following information:
- Link to download the inSync client installer.
- URL to access the inSync server.
- Email address and password to activate inSync client and access inSync Web.
Note: It is recommended that you save this email for reference.
Activating inSync client on your first device
When you activate inSync client on your device, you establish a connection between your device and inSync server. The wizard-driven activation is initiated immediately after the installation of inSync Client is complete. However, you can choose to activate inSync client later.
Note: If you choose to activate inSync client later, click the inSync client icon to open the Activating Druva inSync window.
Before you begin:
- Keep your inSync activation email handy. If you did not receive the activation email, contact your inSync administrator.
- If inSync client has to communicate with the inSync server through a proxy server, keep the proxy configuration details handy. Contact your inSync administrator for the proxy details.
To activate inSync client on your first device
- On the Activating Druva inSync window, enter the Server URL, Email, and Password provided in the activation email.
- Click Activate.
- If required, you are prompted for proxy server details. Enter the required details and click Save. For more information, see Configuring proxy settings during activation.The Reset Druva inSync Password window appears.
- Enter a new password and click Save.
inSync client is activated. You can choose to activate inSync client on subsequent devices.
Note: The Reset Druva inSync Password window does not appear if you are using single sign-on or your Active Directory credentials to activate inSync.
Activating inSync on subsequent devices
After you activate inSync client on your first device, you must proceed to activate it on all your devices using your inSync username and the new password you have assigned to your inSync account. During activation, you will have two options:
- To add the device as a new one. If you select this option, data from both your devices will be backed up. You can also restore data to both your devices.
- To replace your existing device with the new one. If you select this option, only data from your new device will be backed up. You will not be able to backup or restore data to the replaced device.
If your administrator has allowed system and application settings to be backed up from your devices, you will also have the option of restoring the system and application settings on your existing devices to your new device.
To activate inSync client on subsequent devices
- On the Activating Druva inSync window on your subsequent device, enter the Server URL, Email, and Password provided in the activation email.
- Click Activate.
- If required, you are prompted for proxy server details. Enter the required details. For more information, see Configuring proxy settings during activation.
- Add or replace your device.
- To add a new device, select Add this new device to my account.
- To replace an existing device, select Replace an existing device, and from the list of devices, click the device that you want to replace.
- (Optional) Restore system settings from one of your other devices.
- Select Do you want to restore system settings on this device.
- From the list of devices, click the device from which you want to restore system settings.
- Click Finish. inSync client is activated. If you are replacing an existing device, the Restore window appears. If required, restore data from the old device to the replacement device. For more information about restoring data, see Restoring data using inSync client.