If you lose a device on which inSync client was installed, you can replace it with another device and restore data that was backed up to inSync server.
Before you begin: Make sure that the OS and the applications on the replacement device match the supported restore settings.
To replace a lost device
- Install inSync client on your replacement device. For instructions, see Installing inSync client. On installation, the appears.
- On the Activating Druva inSync window, type the Server URL, Email, and Password, and click Activate.
- If prompted, enter the proxy server details. For more information, see Configuring proxy settings during activation.
- Select Replace an existing device, and from the list of devices, click the device that you want to replace.
- Restore system settings from one of your other devices.
- Select Yes for Do you want to restore system settings on this device.
- From the list of devices, click the device from which you want to restore system settings.
Note: The option to restore system settings is available only if the inSync administrator has activate Persona Backup functionality for you and system settings have been backed up from one of your devices.
- Click Finish.
- Restart your computer.
- Restore the latest snapshot of your data to the original location. For instructions, see Restoring data.
This table lists the restores supported by your inSync setup.
|Windows OS (identical bitness)|| |
|Windows OS (32-bit to 64-bit migration)|| |
|Mac OS X|| |
|Internet Explorer|| |
|Microsoft Outlook (Outlook)|| |
|Microsoft (MS) Office (same bitness)|| |
inSync does not support the following system setting restores:
- Windows 64 bit to Windows 32 bit migration
- Windows to Mac migration
- Higher version of Windows to lower version of Windows
- Higher version of Mac to lower version of Mac
- Microsoft office migrations not included in the supported restores list
- Mac user account passwords
Some of the limitations of the restore process are as follows:
- For IE migration, Dial Up and virtual private network settings are not migrated.
- For IE 7 to IE 10 migration, Prefix and Suffix options for Languages Preferences are not migrated.
- For Outlook 2010 migration, default language is migrated, but not set as the default language.
- For Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2010 migration, stationary fonts and mail formats are not migrated.
- For Microsoft Outlook, stored passwords are not restored.