If you lose a device on which inSync client was installed, you can replace it with another device and restore data that was backed up to inSync server.
Before you begin: Make sure that the OS and the applications on the replacement device match the supported restore settings.
To replace a lost device
- Install inSync client on your replacement device. For instructions, see Installing inSync client. On installation, the appears.
- On the Activating Druva inSync window, type the Server URL, Email, and Password, and click Activate.
- If prompted, enter the proxy server details. For more information, see Configuring proxy settings during activation.
- Select Replace an existing device, and from the list of devices, click the device that you want to replace.
- Restore system settings from one of your other devices.
- Select Yes for Do you want to restore system settings on this device.
- From the list of devices, click the device from which you want to restore system settings.
Note: The option to restore system settings is available only if the inSync administrator has activate Persona Backup functionality for you and system settings have been backed up from one of your devices.
- Click Finish.
- Restart your computer.
- Restore the latest snapshot of your data to the original location. For instructions, see Restoring data.