Reactivating inSync client on your device
In some situations, you might need to reactivate inSync client. For example, if the inSync server URL changes, you must reactivate inSync client using the new URL.
During activation, you can:
- Add the device as a new one. If you select this option, data across all your devices including the new one is backed up or restored.
- Replace an existing device with a new one. If you select this option, data from the new device will be backed up or restored instead of the old device. You cannot restore data to your old device.
Before you begin:
- Keep your inSync credentials handy.
- (Optional) Keep the proxy configuration details handy.
To reactivate inSync client
- On the left navigation pane, click My Account.
- Click the Account Summary tab.
- Click Reactivate. The Activate Druva inSync window appears.
- Type the Server URL, Email, and Password for accessing inSync server, and then click Activate.
- (Proxy server configuration) Enter the required details. For more information, see Configuring proxy settings during activation.
- Add or replace your device.
- To add a new device, select Add this new device to my account.
- To replace an existing device, select Replace an existing device, and from the list of devices, click the device that you want to replace.
- (Optional) Restore system settings from one of your other devices.
- Select Do you want to restore system settings on this device.
- From the list of devices, click the device from which you want to restore system settings.
- Click Finish.
Note: You must restart your computer after a restore of system and application settings completes.