Why include files and folders
Folders from which inSync backs up data are called backup folders. Your inSync administrator will configure backup folders across your organization. However, if your administrator gives you permission, you can select files and folders for backup. For each folder that you configure, you can select the files or file types that will be backed up.You can remove non-mandatory folders from the backup list.
Note: You cannot remove folders marked for mandatory backup from the backup folder list.
Including files and folders for backup
When you select a folder for backup:
- All files and folders including hidden files inside the selected folder are backed up unless you explicitly unselect some of them.
- If you exclude a parent folder from backup, files inside this folder are not backed up. To back up such files, add them separately.
To include files and folders
Configuring backup settings for a selected folder
By default, all files from a selected folder are backed up. However, you can include or exclude some files or file types from backup.
To configure backup settings
- On the Summary page click the configuration icon () besides the appropriate folder.
- To choose individual files and folders, set Do you want to include all files in this folder to No.
- Under Include file types, clear the file types that you want to exclude.
- To edit individual file types and exclude paths, click Advanced Settings.
- Modify the details and then click Ok:
- In the Included extensions field, add the file type or file that you want to back up. Separate consecutive entries using a semicolon (;).
- In the Excluded extensions field, add the file type or file that you do not want to back up. Separate consecutive entries using a semicolon (;).
Note: Entries in this box supersede the entries in the Included extensions box.
- In the Excluded paths field, add paths to folders that you do not want to back up.
- Click Save.