The inSync account activation email
To use inSync client, you must have an inSync account. This account is created by your inSync administrator. When your administrator creates an account for you, you will receive an activation email containing your account details. This email contains:
- Link to download the inSync client installer.
- URL to access the inSync server.
- Email address and password to for inSync client and inSync Web.
Note: Druva recommends that you save this email.
Activating inSync client on your first device
When you activate inSync client on your device, you establish a connection between your device and inSync server. The wizard-driven activation is initiated immediately after the installation of inSync Client completes. However, you can choose to activate inSync client later.
Note: If you choose to activate inSync client later, click the inSync client icon to open the Activating Druva inSync window.
Before you begin:
- Make sure you are logged on to the computer with your own credentials.
- Keep your inSync activation email handy.
- If your administrator enabled a proxy server for your inSync setup, keep the proxy configuration details handy.
To activate inSync client on your first device
- On the Activating Druva inSync window, enter the Server URL, Email, and Password provided in the activation email.
- Click Activate.
- (Optional) Enter the proxy details and click Save. For more information, see Configuring proxy settings during activation.
- On the Reset Druva inSync Password window, enter a new password and click Save.
Note: The Reset Druva inSync Password window does not appear if you are using single sign-on or Active Directory credentials.
Activating inSync on subsequent devices
After you activate inSync client on your first device, you must proceed to activate it on all your devices using the same username and the new password. When you activate inSync client, you can:
- Add a new device: If you select this option, data from across all your devices including the new one that you are adding will be backed up.
- Replace your existing device: If you select this option, your new device replaces the device that you select. Thereafter, inSync client stops backing up data from the device that you replaced. Instead, it only backs up data from the new device.
To activate inSync client on subsequent devices
- On the Activating Druva inSync window, enter the Server URL, Email, and Password.
- Click Activate.
- (Optional) Enter the proxy server details. For more information, see Configuring proxy settings during activation.
- Add or replace your device.
- To add a new device, select Add this new device to my account.
- To replace an existing device, select Replace an existing device, and from the list of devices, click the device that you want to replace.
- (Optional) Restore system settings from one of your other devices.
- Select Do you want to restore system settings on this device.
- From the list of devices, click the device from which you want to restore system settings.
- Click Finish.
Note: If you choose to replace an existing device, the Restore window appears. You can restore data from the device that you replaced to the new device. For more information about restoring data, see Restoring data using inSync client.
Note: You must restart your computer after a restore of system and application settings completes.