Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
Replacing a lost device
If you lose a device on which inSync client was installed, you can replace it with another device. To this device, you can restore data from inSync server.
To replace a device
- Install inSync client.
The new device must have the same operating system and hard disk partitions as your old device.
- Activate inSync client and replace your device.
- Select Replace an existing device, and from the list of devices, click the device that you want to replace. For more information, see Activating inSync Client.
- (Optional) Restore system settings from one of your other devices.
- Select Do you want to restore system settings on this device. For more information,see Activating inSync Client.
- Restore the latest snapshot of the device to its original location. For more information, see Restoring Data.