Explains what the feature is or what its benefits are to the user or customer.
Downloading data to a device
Using inSync Web, you can download backup data to a device on which inSync client is not installed.
To download data
- In a Web browser, enter:
- (Enterprise and Professional) https://<inSync Server URL>:<Web/App restore port>
- (inSync Cloud or inSync Private Cloud) https://<inSync Server URL>:<Web/App restore port>/home
- On the navigation bar, click Restore.
- Select the device and the snapshot from which you want to restore data.
- Select the file or folder that you want to download and click Download Now.
If you downloaded a file, it is saved with its original name and extension.
Folders are saved as inSyncRestoreData_<time of restore>.zip on Windows and Linux computers, and inSyncRestoreData_<time of restore>.tar or inSyncRestoreData_<time of restore>.tar.gz on Mac computers.