Before you begin
Before you activate the inSync client on your first laptop, ensure the following:
- You are logged on to your laptop using your own credentials.
- You have received the inSync account activation email and have it handy.
- You have confirmed with your inSync administrator about the credentials that you will use to activate the inSync client. You can activate the inSync client using your inSync account credentials, your single sign-on credentials, or your Active Directory credentials.
- You have installed the inSync client on your laptop.
- You have the proxy server details. You require proxy server details only if the inSync client has to contact the inSync Master through a proxy server.
To activate the inSync client
- Double-click inSync icon. The Activate Your inSync window appears.
- Provide the appropriate information for each field.
Field Action Server URL
Type the URL to access the inSync Server.
The Server URL is applicable only for the inSync On-premise edition and GovCloud.
If you are using GovCloud, type govcloud.druva.com.
Note: If you want to know the inSync edition that your organization is using, contact your administrator.
Type the email address for your inSync account. Password Type the password for your inSync account.
- Click Activate. The Reset Druva inSync Password window appears.
If the inSync client must contact the inSync Master through a proxy server, a window requesting the proxy server details appears after you click Activate. For more information, see Configure proxy settings during inSync activation.
- In the New password box, type a new password for your inSync account.
- In the Confirm password box, type the password for your inSync account again.
- Click Save.
- If you are using single sign-on credentials for your inSync account, keep the New password box empty. After you click Activate, a window appears. Type your single sign-on password in that window.
- The Reset Druva inSync Password window does not appear if you are using single sign-on or Active Directory credentials.