With inSync Share, you can share files and folders between your devices and other inSync users and guest users. The inSync Share folder is the home directory for your shared data. You can also access the contents of your inSync Share folder by using the inSync Web.
Using inSync Share, you can perform the following tasks:
- Share files and folders between your devices and other inSync users.
- Sync files and folders on your devices that have inSync installed.
- Share content with other inSync Share users.
- Share content with non inSync Share users, who are also called as guest users.
- Share download links for files on your device.
- Share view only links for files on your device.
Note: If you cannot use the inSync client or perform a specific task, contact your administrator to activate the inSync client or obtain specific permissions.
Types of folders within inSync Share
The following table lists the types of folders across which content is distributed in your inSync Share.
|Share folders||Folders that you share with other users or folders that other users have shared with you. You can access these folders by using inSync Web. If you sync these folders to your devices, you can also access these folders from the inSync Share folder on your laptop.|
|Sync folders||Folders that you did not share with anyone. You can access these folders by using inSync Web. You can also access these folders from the inSync Share folder on your laptop.|
|Workspaces||Folders that your inSync administrator created to share content with different people who have the permissions. You can access these folders by using inSync Web. If you sync these folders to your devices, you can also access these folders from the inSync Share folder on your laptop.|
Quota Usage on inSync Share
Your quota defines the maximum amount of data that you can back up or share on your devices. It also defines the maximum data that the backup folders and inSync Share folder can contain across your devices. Here are some scenarios to consider for quota usage:
- When you install the inSync client on multiple devices, the inSync Master considers the contents of your inSync Share folder only once when it calculates the inSync Share folder quota usage.
- When your collaborators add files to your shared folder, this is considered in your quota usage. If you add files to folders that other people have shared, this does not affect your quota usage.
- When you share a folder with other users, but you do not sync this folder to your laptop, this folder does not appear inside your inSync Share folder, but it is considered as part of your quota usage.
- When your inSync administrator creates a workspace, the contents of the workspace is not considered as part of your quota usage.