When you download a file, the file is saved with its original name and extension.
- On Windows laptops, the folder is saved as <inSyncRestoreData_name>.zip.
- On Mac laptops, the folder is saved as <inSyncRestoreData_name>.tar.gz and <inSyncRestoreData_name>.tar.
- We have not released a new version of the inSync client for Linux. You can continue using inSync client 5.4 for Linux with inSync Server 5.4.2. For more information, see Download data by using the inSync Web.
To download data
- Log on to inSync Web.
- On the menu bar, click My Devices.
- In the Devices list, click the device from which you want to restore data.
- In the Snapshots list, click the snapshot from which you want to restore data.
- Select the files or folders that you want to restore, and then click More > Download.
- Save the file or folder to a desired location.