This topic explains how to make inSync client unnoticeable for users.
Making inSync client unobtrusive
Note: This feature can only be modified through profiles. Modifying a profile will impact all users associated with the profile.
Users will not notice inSync client if you:
- Stop inSync from displaying balloon notifications to users.
- Hide the inSync client icon on the system tray.
Hiding inSync client from the system tray will also prevent notifications from being displayed.
To make inSync client unobtrusive
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the profile that you want to modify.
- Click the Backup Policies tab.
- Under Notifications and Storage, click Edit. The edit window appears.
- Make the following changes:
- To hide balloon notifications from being displayed, click to clear Show desktop notifications.
- To hide inSync client icon on the system tray, click to clear Show icon inSync icon in system tray.
- Click Save.