This topic explains the procedure for installing inSync server on a Windows computer.
Before you begin
Before you install the inSync server , ensure that the following tasks are complete:
- You have administrator privileges on the computer on which you plan to install the inSync server.
- Make sure that the computer is set to the desired time zone. The records in the Live Activities stream display time based on the time zone set on the computer at the time of installation.
- You downloaded the inSync server installation package on the computer on which you want to install it.
Installation the inSync server
To install inSync server
- Double-click the inSync server installer and click Next.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and click Next.
- In the Choose Destination Folder field, type or select the full path to the folder where you want to install the inSync server.
- Select shortcuts to access the inSync Server Management Console.
- Click Install and then Finish.
Performing post-installation configuration
To configure the inSync server
- Launch the inSync Master Management Console.
Note: The inSync Master Management Console is launched automatically after installation completes. To launch the console manually, from the Start menu click Start > All Programs > Druva inSync Server > inSync Server Management Console.
- Click Next.
- Enter the Web Console details and then click Next.
- Administrator Name: The display name of the first administrator.
- E-mail address: The e-mail ID of the first administrator.
- Password: The password of the first administrator.
- Port Number for inSync Web Console: The port used for accessing the inSync Admin Console. By default, inSync Server uses port number 6065.
- Click Finish.
Note: If you assigned somebody other than yourself the role of a first administrator, share the email address and password that you used for creating the first administrator. Additionally, share the IP address and TCP port of the inSync server.