This section explains how to ensure device and data protection using the DLP feature.
inSync’s Data Loss Prevention functionality is an effective solution that reduces the total economic impact of a lost or stolen laptop or mobile device for enterprises. It provides powerful, multi-layered protection of critical data residing in your organization’s devices such as:
- Encrypt content of the device to protect it from unauthorized access. The content is converted into unreadable code that cannot be decoded easily.
- Disallow users to pre-download content from inSync server on their mobile device to read the content when the mobile is not in the network.
- Disallow other applications to access inSync content.
- Trace a lost, misplaced, or a stolen. This adds an extra layer of security to devices and allows wiping data from inSync share and backup folders of the device.
- Auto-delete content from the user device if it does not connect to inSync server for a stipulated period.
Note: You must have the license for the DLP add-on for inSync to perform any of the activities explained in this section. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the license.
In this section
In this section, you can find:
|To know how to activate data encryption on devices||Activating data encryption on devices|
|To know how to secure content inside inSync App on mobile devices||Securing content inside inSync App on mobile devices|
|To know how to activate trace and locating devices||Activating trace and locating devices|
|To know how to remotely delete data from a device||Remotely deleting data from a device|
|To know how to configure auto-delete functionality for laptops||Configuring auto-delete functionality for laptops|
|To know how to configure certificates for iOS devices||Configuring certificates for iOS devices|