Configuring a global exclude list
This is the master exclude list. As an administrator, you can create a global exclude list of file types that will be excluded from backup. Any file or file type included in this list will always be excluded from backup, irrespective of the filters set at folder-level. For example, you may not want any .exe files to be backed up from user devices. You must add .exe in the global exclude list.
To create a global exclusion list
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the profile that you want to modify.
- Under the Laptop Backup Content tab, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Click Global Exclusions.
- Click the Exclude Files box, and select the file types that you want to exclude. For example, if you want to exclude all executables and video files from being backed up, select them in the Exclude Files box. The corresponding file extensions will be added to the box on the right.
- If required, add file extensions manually in the text box on the right. Separate the entries using a semicolon (;). Make sure there is no white space between two consecutive entries.
- Click Save.