Setting the inSync server credentials
You can choose to run the inSync service as Local System account or a user account. The latter is required if you want to identify the inSync Server processes or if you intend to use network attached storages to store the backup data. By default, the inSync service is run as Local System account.
To configure inSync Server credentials
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Settings.
- Click the Network tab.
- Under inSync Server Credentials, click Edit. The inSync Service Credentials window appears.
- Make modifications as required:
- To run inSync service as Local System account, select Use Local System Account.
- To run inSync service as another account, clear Use Local System Account and then enter the username and password of the account that you want to use.
- Click Save.