Before you begin
Before creating a storage:
- Make sure you have admin or root privileges on the computer where inSync server is installed.
- Plan for the necessary space required to create the storage. Use the following guidelines:
- A storage can contain maximum 2 TB of data. If you plan to create multiple storage, the combined size of all storage cannot exceed 2 TB.
- The database folder must be 5% of the data that will be stored in the storage.
Step 1: Create the folders required for the storage
To create the folders
- Log on to the inSync server.
- Create the folders that will be used as data folder, the database folder, and the database log folder respectively.
- Make sure that you excluded these folders from an antivirus scan.
- If the inSync server is on a Linux system,run the following command on the data folder, the database folder, and the database log folders.
$ sudo chown insyncserver:insyncserver <folder>
Step 2: Create the storage
To create a storage
- Open inSync Admin Console.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Storage.
- Click Create New Storage. The storage creation wizard appears.
- Enter the relevant details on each step of the wizard. For information, see Fields in the storage creation wizard.
- Click Finish.
Fields in the storage creation wizard
The following table describes the field in the General Information page of the wizard.
|Storage name||Specify a name for the storage.|
The following table describes the field in the Data Volume page of the wizard.
|Data folder||Enter the path to the data folder for the first data volume.|
|Size||Specify the size of data the storage can accomodate.|
|Storage consumption alert threshold||Specify the storage consumption threshold value. The storage consumption threshold value which when crossed, triggers a low disk space alert. For example, if the size of the storage is 10 TB and storage consumption alert threshold is 80%, an alert is triggered when 8 TB of storage is consumed.|
The following table describes the field in the Performance page of the wizard.
|Database folder|| |
Enter the path to the database folder for the storage.
|Database log folder||Enter the path to the database log folder for the storage.|
|Max. parallel connections|| |
Enter the number of parallel connections to the storage. It indicates the upper limit for parallel backup or restore operations that can be performed by the particular storage.
Note: By default, this value is set to 20. You can set this field to a maximum value of 500. As a best practice, set the value to 10% of the total number of users backing up their data to the storage.
The following table describes the field in the Storage Compaction Schedule page of the wizard.
|Compact daily at|| |
Enter the start time and duration for the daily storage compaction. The compaction stops at the time you specify even if it does not complete.
|Compact weekly on||Specify the scheduled day for weekly compaction of the storage.|
|Compact weekly at||Specify the start time and duration for weekly storage compaction.|