Before you begin
Make sure that:
- You have administrator privileges on the computer on which you plan to install the inSync server.
- Make sure that the computer is set to the desired time zone. The records in the Live Activities stream display time based on the time zone set on the computer at the time of installation.
- You download the inSync server installation package on the computer on which you want to install it.
To install inSync server
- Double-click the inSync server installer.
- Click Next.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and click Next.
- In the Install Location field, specify the full path to the folder where you want to install the inSync server.
- Select shortcuts to access the inSync Server Management Console.
- Click Install. Installation starts.
- After the installation is over, click Finish.
To configure the inSync server
- Launch the inSync Server Initial Configuration wizard.
Note: The inSync Server Initial Configuration wizard is launched automatically after installation of inSync server is over. To launch the console manually, on the Windows Start menu click Start > All Programs > Druva inSync Server> inSync Server Management Console.
- Enter the following details.
- Administrator Name: The display name of the first administrator.
- Email address: The e-mail ID of the first administrator. The administrator will need this ID to log on to the inSync Admin Console.
- Administrator Password: The password for the first administrator.
- Port number for inSync Web Console: The port used for accessing the inSync Admin Console, the Web interface for the inSync administrators. By default, inSync Server uses port number 6065. Make sure that the TCP port you assign to inSync is free.
- Click Finish.
Note: If you assigned somebody other than yourself the role of a first administrator, share the email address and password that you used for creating the first administrator. Additionally, share the IP address and TCP port of the inSync server.