Understanding activity stream
The activity stream displays the last 30 activities pertaining to the following aspects of inSync:
- It displays backup and restore activities that are in progress now.
- It displays recent activities of a user in the inSync share folder.
- It displays the sharing activities of all inSync share users.
- It displays the activity stream of all administrators for the past 30 days.
Viewing inSync server live activities
You can view the list of live activities on inSync Server as follows: On the menu bar, click Reporting > Live Activities.
The list of backup and restore activities that are in progress are displayed.
The information displayed on the Live Activities page is automatically refreshed every 15 seconds.
If you do not want the data to be automatically updated, click Pause Auto Refresh. Pausing auto refresh of the Live Activities page does not affect the backup or restore activities.
To resume auto refresh, click Resume Auto Refresh.
Viewing user activity stream
Activity stream lists the recent activities of a user in the inSync Share folder.
To view the activity stream of a user
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Users.
- Click the user whose activity stream you want to view.
- View the information under Activities.
Viewing inSync share global activity stream
To view the sharing activities of all users
- On the menu bar, click Share.
- Click the Global Activity Stream tab.
You can filter the activities by the following activity types:
- Folder shared: A folder was shared by a user with other inSync Share users for collaboration.
- Folder unshared: A folder was removed from share by a user.
- Collaborator added: A new user was added to the list of collaborators for a shared folder.
- Collaborator removed: A user was removed from the list of collaborators for a shared folder.
- Collaborator permission changed: Permission for a collaborator on a folder was changed from view to edit or from edit to view.
- Link created: A user created a download link for a file.
- Link expired: A download link stopped being active.
- Link deleted: A download link was deleted by the user.