This topic explains how to use the Express Configuration wizard to configure inSync Professional.
About the Express Configuration wizard
The Express Configuration wizard is a quick way to setup inSync server. It is recommended that you use it when you are installing inSync for evaluation. The wizard appears when you access the inSync Admin Console and have not yet configured inSync server.
Before you begin
Before using the wizard complete the following tasks:
- Create the email ID that will be used by the inSync server to send emails. Note down the SMTP server details.
- Create the folders that will be used as Data, Database, and Database Log folders on the inSync server. Make sure these folders are not scanned by any AntiVirus. When creating the folders, use the following guidelines:
- The database and database log folders must be on a local drive. Do no create these folders on a networked or shared drive.
- The data folder can be created on a local drive, SAN, or NAS.
- The database folder must be created on a separate disk. If there are a large number of users who will back up their data on the storage, it is recommended to create the database folder on a solid state drive (SSD).
- The data folder and the database log folder must preferably be on separate disks.
If you are installing inSync on a Linux computer, run the following command on all storage folders:
$ sudo chown insyncserver:insyncserver <storagefolder>
Using the Express Configuration wizard
To use the Express Configuration wizard
- Log on to inSync Admin Console. The inSync Settings wizard appears.
- Click Express Configuration.
- Enter the requisite information on the wizard pages. For more information, see Fields in the Express Configuration wizard.
- Click Finish.
Your inSync server is ready for use.
Fields in the Express Configuration wizard
The following table describes the fields in the Setup Server page of the wizard.
|Web/App restore URL||inSync server uses this IP address and port number to accept data restore requests from inSync clients. It must be in the <IP address>:<port number> format. For example, 192.168.53.63:443.|
|Backup port||inSync server uses this port to accept data from inSync clients. By default, port 6061 is used for this purpose. You can use any available port of your choice.|
|Web/App restore port||inSync server uses this port to accept restore requests form inSync clients. By default, inSync uses the 443 port for this purpose. You can use any available port of your choice.|
The following table describes the fields in the Configuration Email page of the wizard.
|SMTP server|| |
Enter the SMTP server address for the email ID. For example, if you want to use a Gmail address for inSync, the SMTP server address is smtp.gmail.com.
|SMTP port||Enter the port number used by the SMTP server. The default value is 25.|
|SMTP username||Enter the email ID chosen for the inSync server.|
|SMTP password||Enter the password for the email account.|
|Secure connection||Select if TLS/SSL is required for email communication.|
The following table describes the fields in the Create Storage page of the wizard.
|Storage Name|| |
This is the name to identify the storage. You can rename the default storage name.
|Data folder|| |
Select the data folder of the storage.
Note: The Data folder must not be on a networked or shared drive.
|Max. disk space|| |
Enter the total data that can be stored in the storage.
Note: Do not use the Express Configuration wizard to create storages with more than 100 GB disk space. To create storages with more than 100 GB disk space, see Creating a Storage.
The following table describes the fields in the Update Profile page of the wizard.
|Quota per user||Enter the maximum data that any user assigned to the profile can back up or share.|
|Backup every|| |
Select the fequency of scheduled backups.
|Enable sharing|| |
Select, if you want the users associated with the default profile to use the inSync share functionality. The inSync Share folder will be created on all their devices.
|Select, if you want data from the corresponding email client to be backed up by inSync.|
Select, if you want data from the Desktop folder of the user's computers to be backed up by inSync. You can select the type of files that you want to back up from the folder.
|My Documents||Select, if you want data from the Documents folder of the user's computers to be backed up by inSync. You can select the type of files that you want to back up from the folder.|
Backup First End-User
The following table describes the fields in the Backup First End-User page of the wizard.
|Email address||Enter the email address of the user.|
|Name||Enter the name of the user.|