Before you begin
Before you install the inSync server on Windows, ensure the following tasks are complete:
- You must have administrator privileges on the computer on which you plan to install the inSync server.
- Make sure that the computer is set to the desired time zone. The records in the Live Activities stream display time based on the time zone set on the computer at the time of installation.
- You have downloaded the inSync server installation package on the computer on which you want to install it.
To install inSync server
- Double-click the inSync server installer.
- Click Next.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and click Next.
- In the Choose Destination Folder field, specify the full path to the folder where you want to install the inSync server.
- Select shortcuts to access the inSync Server Management Console.
- Click Install and then Finish.
To configure the inSync server
- Launch the inSync Master Management Console.
Note: The inSync Master Management Console is launched automatically after installation of inSync server is over. To launch the console manually, on the Windows Start menu click Start > All Programs > Druva inSync Server> inSync Server Management Console.
- Click Next.
- Enter the Web Console details and then click Next. The information required are:
- Web Console Service TCP Port Number: The port used for accessing the inSync Admin Console. By default, inSync Server uses port number 6065. Make sure that the TCP port you assign to inSync is free.
- Administrator Name: The display name of the first administrator.
- E-mail address: The e-mail ID of the first administrator. The administrator will need this ID to log on to the inSync Admin Console.
- Password: The password for the first administrator.
- Click Finish.
This document has been written assuming you have assigned yourself the first administrator role. In case you have assigned somebody else the first administrator role, share the following information with the person:
- The IP address and TCP port number of the inSync server
- The email address and password assigned to the administrator