This topic explains how to analyze and search the data backed up using inSync. It also contains instructions on how to email search results to self.
Note:You must have inSync Analytics license to search and analyze data backed up using inSync. Contact email@example.com for the license.
About inSync Data Analytics feature
The Data Analytics feature of inSync provides you insight into the data that is being backed up by inSync users. This is done on the Data Analytics page:
- The page displays three graphs, Summary, Data By File Type, and # Files By Sizes, that provides you a high level view of the data that has been backed up using inSync.
- The page also provides you the facility to search the backed up data using inSync based on profiles, users, file name and file types, and so on. Using the search functionality you can gain deep insights into the type of data being backed up even at a user level.
In addition to data insights, the Data Analytics feature provides you an audit trail of the activities performed by inSync users as well as inSync administrators.
Accessing the Data Analytics page
To access the Data Analytics page
- On the menu bar click Analytics.
The Data Analytics page is displayed.
Graphs on the Data Analytics page
The Data Analytics page displays three graphs that provides a high level view of the data backed up using inSync.
Searching data backed up using inSync
You can search the data backed up using inSync based on a combination of parameters such as profile, user, file name, file size, and so on. For example, you can search for all video files between 250 MB and 3 GB backed up by a specific user or users of a specific profile.
You can have the search results displayed to you on the Data Analytics page or have them emailed to your registered email address.
To search backed up data
- On the menu bar, click Analytics.
- Click the Data Insights tab and specify your search criteria. You can search using the following parameters - Profiles, Users, File Name, File Type, Data Modified Between, and File Size Between.
- Choose how you want the search results to be displayed:
- To search results to be displayed in the Data Insights area itself, click Search Now.
- To search results to be emailed to your registered email address, click Email Results.
The following image shows the search results displayed in the Data Insights area itself.