This topic explains how to protect the data within the inSync Companion app installed on a mobile device.
Note: You must have DLP license to enable DLP functionality for your users. Contact email@example.com for the license. All features described in this topic can only be controlled through profiles. Any change to an existing profile is applicable for all users of that profile.
Securing content within the inSync Companion app
As an administrator you can secure the content that resides in the inSync Companion app by:
- Preventing users to download content from inSync server for offline access on mobile devices.
- Preventing other apps on the mobile device to access inSync content.
Disabling offline access through inSync Companion app
In inSync companion app, files tagged as 'Favorites' are downloaded from the inSync server to the app for offline view. You can protect your organization's data by preventing users from downloading files for offline view.
To disable offline access
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the profile that you want to modify.
- Click the DLP tab.
- Under DLP for Laptops, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Clear Allow offline access to files (Favorites).
- Click Save.
The Favorites page will be deactivated from the inSync Companion app on the user's mobile devices.
Preventing other apps from accessing inSync content
You can protect your organization's data by preventing apps, other than the default ones on the mobile platform, from accessing files inside the inSync companion app. For example, if the user has downloaded a PDF file, only the default PDF reader on the mobile platform will be able to access the file.
Note: This feature is available only for iOS devices.
To prevent other apps from accessing inSync content