This topic explains how to activate data encryption for user devices.
Note: You must have DLP license to enable DLP functionality for your users. Contact email@example.com for the license. All features described in this topic can only be controlled through profiles. Any change to an existing profile is applicable for all users of that profile.
Activating data encryption for computers
Note: This feature is available only for Windows computers.
You can choose to encrypt the data that resides in the backup folder of user computers. You have the option of enabling encryption for data that resides in:
- All backup folders.
- Just the mandatory backup folders.
To activate data encryption for computers
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the profile that you want to modify.
- Click the DLP tab.
- Under DLP for Laptops, click Edit. The edit window appears.
- Select the appropriate option from the Encrypt list
- If you want to encrypt data in all backup folders on user's computer, select All backup folders.
- If you want to encrypt data in just the mandatory backup folders on user's computer, select Mandatory folders. The list of mandatory backup folders configured for Windows OS is displayed. You can choose the folders that you want to encrypt.
- Click Save.
Activating data encryption for mobile devices
Note: You can encrypt data backed up from Android devices. Data on iOS devices is already in an encrypted format. As data is not backed up from Windows mobile devices, encryption is not required.
To activate data encryption for mobile devices