This topic explains how to move users from one storage to another.
About changing storage for a user
When creating a user, you have to map the user to a one of your storages. Data from user's devices are backed up to the storage mapped to the user. If required, you can move the user to a different storage. After a user is mapped to a new storage:
- Data on user's devices will be backed up on the new storage.
- Snapshots on the old storage are retained and compacted per the retention policy.
- inSync users can restore data from any snapshot, even those available on the old storage.
Note: After changing the storage assigned to a user, the first backup is a full backup. Thereafter, all subsequent backups are incremental in nature.
Restrictions on changing storage
The following restrictions apply when you are changing storage of a user:
- You should not have inSync Share license. To check if you have inSync Share licensed, check License Summary under Settings.
- The user must have inSync client 5.2 or later installed on all devices. For mobiles devices, inSync app 3.3 or later is required.
- You cannot move a user back to a storage that he was once mapped to.
Note: If you want to change storages for your users, but have inSync Share license, request email@example.com to issue you an inSync license without inSync Share. After you apply the new license, you will be able to change storages.
Before applying the new license, remember to delete all guest users from inSync, else, the guest users will continue to appear in the Manage Users page on the inSync Admin Console.
Changing the storage assigned to a user
To change the storage assigned to users
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Users.
- Select the users whose storage you want to change.
- Click More > Change Storage. The Change Storage window appears.
- In the Select Storage list, select the destination storage for the users.
- Click Save.