About syncing users with the Active Directory
When you synchronize inSync users with the AD, inSync queries the AD for user details and deactivates any inSync user that has been removed from the AD.
There are two ways in which you can synchronize inSync users with the AD:
- Automatic Sync: In this process, inSync will query the AD at regular intervals automatically. You can configure the frequency of synchronization.
- Manual inSync: In this process, you will have to manually initiate the synchronization process.
Note: Synchronization with the AD is only possible for those users who have been imported using the AD. It is not applicable for the users you have added individually or through a CSV file.
Auto-sync users with the Active Directory
To enable automatic synchronization of user details with the active directory, select Auto update existing users on the inSync Configuration page when creating an AD mapping.
Alternatively, you can modify an existing AD mapping and enable the auto sync functionality. To modify an AD mapping:
- On the inSync Admin Console menu bar, click Manage > AD Mappings.
- Select the AD Mapping for which you want to sync users.
- Under inSync Configuration, click Edit.
- Select Auto update existing users.
- Click Ok.
Manually sync users with the Active Directory
To manually initiate the synchronization process
- On the menu bar, click Manage > AD Mappings.
- Select the AD Mapping that you want to use for updating existing user details.
- Click Update Existing Users.