Securing content inside inSync App
As an administrator you can secure the content that resides in the inSync App by:
- Preventing users to download content from inSync server for offline access on mobile devices.
- Preventing other apps on the mobile device to access inSync content.
Disabling offline access through inSync App
In inSync App, files tagged as 'Favorites' are downloaded from the inSync server to the app for offline view. You can protect your organization's data by preventing users from downloading files for offline view.
To disable offline access
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the profile that you want to modify.
- Under the DLP tab, in the DLP for Mobiles area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Clear Allow offline access to files (Favorites).
- Click Save.
The Favorites page will be deactivated from the inSync App on the mobile devices.
Preventing other apps from accessing inSync App content
You can protect your organization's data by preventing apps, other than the default ones on the mobile platform, from accessing files inside the inSync App. For example, if the user has downloaded a PDF file, only the default PDF reader on the mobile platform will be able to access the file.
Note: This feature is available only for iOS devices.
To prevent other apps from accessing inSync content