Allowing users to install and activate inSync client
As an administrator, you can allow users to install and activate inSync client on their laptops. You have the option to:
- Allow users to download, install, and activate inSync client themselves. If you do not allow them to install and activate inSync client themselves, then you will have to activate inSync client on behalf of the users.
- Set a limitation to the number of laptops on which users can use inSync. You can set a limitation only when you have allowed users to install and activate inSync client on their laptops.
Note: This functionality is managed through profiles and not at an individual user level.
To allow users to install and activate inSync client
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the profile that you want to modify.
- Under the Summary tab, under Profile Summary, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Make the following changes:
- To allow users to add laptops, click Allow users to add laptops.
- To set a limitation to the number of laptops on which users can activate inSync, enter the total number of laptops that each user can backup using inSync in the Max. laptops per user field.
- Click Save.