About changing storage of a user
When you create a user, you map the user to a storage. Data from the user's devices is backed up to this storage. You can choose to change the storage of a user at any time. After you change a user's storage:
- User data will be backed up to the new storage.
- Snapshots on the old storage are retained and compacted following the retention policy.
- inSync users can restore data from any snapshot, even those available on the old storage.
Note: After changing the storage assigned to a user, the first backup is a full backup. Thereafter, all backups are incremental in nature.
Restrictions on changing storage
The following restrictions apply when you choose to change storage assigned to a user:
- You should not have inSync Share license. To check if you have inSync Share licensed, check License Summary under Settings.
- The user must have installed inSync client 5.2 or later or inSync Companion App 3.3 or later.
- You cannot map users to storage to which they were once assigned.
Note: If you want to change storage for your users but have inSync Share license, contact Druva Support for a new license with disabled inSync Share. Before uploading this new license, delete all guests. If you do not delete guests, they will continue to appear on the Manage Users page.
Changing the storage assigned to a user
To change the storage assigned to users
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Users.
- Select the users whose storage you want to change.
- Click More > Change Storage. The Change Storage window appears.
- In the Select Storage list, select the destination storage for the users.
- Click Save.