Setting the inSync server credentials
You can choose to run the inSync service as Local System account or a user account. By default, the inSync service is run as Local System account. However, if you want to identify the inSync Server processes or if you intend to use network attached storage (NAS) to store backup data, run the inSync service as a user account.
To configure inSync Server credentials
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Settings.
- Click the Network tab.
- Under inSync Server Credentials, click Edit. The inSync Service Credentials window appears.
- Run the inSync service as a local system account or a user account:
- To run inSync service as Local System account, select Use Local System Account.
- To run inSync service as another account, clear Use Local System Account and then enter the username and password of the account.
- Click Save.