About the Express Configuration Wizard
The Express Configuration Wizard performs a quick configuration of your inSync server. It appears when you log on to the inSync Admin Console for the first time. It is recommended that you use it when you are installing inSync for evaluation. After this configuration completes, you can use your inSync setup for backing up data.
Before you begin
Before using the wizard complete the following tasks:
- Create an email account for the inSync server.
- Create folders that will be used as the Data folder, the Database folder, and the Database log folder for the first data volume. Make sure that these folders are omitted from an anti-virus scan. When you create the folders, use the following guidelines:
- Create the Data folder on a local drive, Storage area network (SAN), or a Network-attached storage (NAS). Do not create the Data folder on a networked or a shared drive.
- Create the Database folder on a separate disk. If you expect large volumes of backup data, create the Database folder on a Solid-state Drive (SSD).
- Do not create the Database and the Database log folders on a shared drive. Instead, create these folders on a local drive.
- If you expect the size of backup data to be more than 1 TB, create the Data folder and the Database log folder on separate disks.
On a Linux computer, run the following command on all storage folders to set the owner to "insyncserver".
$ sudo chown insyncserver:insyncserver <storagefolder>
To perform quick configuration
- Log on to inSync Admin Console and click Express Configuration.
- Enter the relevant information on the wizard. For more information, see Fields in the Express Configuration wizard.
- Click Finish.
Your inSync server is ready for use.
Fields in the Express Configuration wizard
The following table describes the fields on the Setup Server page of the wizard.
|Web/App restore URL||Enter the IP address and port number that will be used by inSync server to accept restore requests. It must be in the <IP address>:<port number> format. For example, 192.168.53.63:443.|
|Backup port||Enter the port number that will be used by inSync server to accept data from inSync clients. The default port is 6061.|
|Web/App restore port||Enter the port number that will be used by inSync server to accept restore requests. The default port is 443.|
The following table describes the fields on the Configuration Email page of the wizard.
|SMTP server|| |
Enter the SMTP server address for the email ID that inSync server will use to send emails. For example, if you want to use a Gmail address for inSync, the SMTP server address is smtp.gmail.com.
|SMTP port||Enter the port number used by the SMTP server. The default value is 25.|
|SMTP username||Enter the email ID that the inSync server will use to send emails.|
|SMTP password||Enter the password for the email account.|
|Secure connection||Select, if TLS/SSL is required for email communication.|
The following table describes the fields on the Create Storage page of the wizard.
|Storage Name|| |
Enter the name of the storage.
|Data folder|| |
Select the data folder for the first data volume of the storage.
Note: The data folder must not be on a networked or shared drive.
|Max. disk space|| |
The size of data that can be stored in the storage.
Note: Do not use the Express Configuration wizard to create storage more than 100 GB in size. For information about creating storage more than 100 GB in size, see Creating a storage.
The following table describes the fields on the Update Profile page of the wizard.
|Quota per user||Enter the quota assigned to a user of the Default profile for backing up or sharing data.|
|Backup every|| |
Select the frequency of scheduled backups.
|Enable sharing|| |
Select, if you want the users associated with the default profile to use the inSync Share functionality. The inSync Share folder will be created on all their devices.
|Folders to backup||Select the folders from each OS that will be backed up from user laptops and desktops. |
The platforms and the folder options available are:
Note: On selecting Email, you can select an email client from the list of supported clients.
Backup First End-User
The following table describes the fields on the Backup First End-User page of the wizard.
|Email address||Enter the email address of the first inSync user for your deployment.|
|Name||Enter the name of the user.|