This section explains how you can integrate your Active Directory (AD) details with your inSync setup. It also contains instructions for importing users from an AD.
About AD integration for user management
If your organization is using an Active Directory to store user details, you can integrate this Active Directory with inSync to create inSync users by importing their details from it. This saves you the effort of creating the users individually.
During AD integration for importing users, you:
- Determine the user login mechanism to inSync client. You can choose between Active Directory password and inSync password. inSync password is the password assigned by inSync. Active Directory password is AD user ID and password. This functionality is controlled through Profile.
- Register your AD by providing the requisite details to the inSync Server to access the AD.
- Choose, whether to auto import users from the AD. inSync automatically import users from the Active Directory at regular intervals or manually trigger the import user process at suitable intervals and define the interval.
- Synchronize inSync users with the AD, inSync queries the AD for user details and deactivates any inSync user that has been removed from the AD. You can choose to automate this process or manually trigger the synchronization of user process at suitable intervals and define the interval.
- Define filter parameters to extract user details from an AD by creating an AD mapping.
In this section
In this section, you can find:
|To know how to register an Active Directory||Registering an Active Directory|
|To know how to auto-import users from an Active Directory||Auto-importing users from an Active Directory|
|To know how to manually import users from an Active Directory||Manually importing users from an Active Directory|
|To know how to create an AD Mapping||Creating an AD Mapping|
|To know how to sync inSync users with the Active Directory||Syncing inSync users with the Active Directory|
|To know how to configure the user import or sync frequency||Configuring the user import or sync frequency|
|To know how to configure the user login mechanism||Configuring the user login mechanism|
|To know how to delete an AD Mapping||Deleting an AD Mapping|