About share links
You can allow users associated with a profile to share files by creating links. Users can share these links with anybody - within or outside your organization. As an administrator, you can make it mandatory for users to password protect these links. You can also define the number of days after which a share link will expire.
There are two types of share links users can create.
- Download links: Users can create download links for any file or folder. Recipients of download links can download the file or folder shared by the user.
- View links: Users can create view links for Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and PDF documents. Recipients of view only links can only view the file shared with them using the inSync viewer.
Allowing users to create share links
To allow users to create share links
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the profile that you want to modify.
- Under the Share tab, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select Enable Link Sharing. Additional fields are displayed.
- To mandate users to share password protected links, select Mandatory passwords for links.
- In the Link expires in box, enter the number of days after which you want the links created by users to become non-functional.
- Click Save.