Using data network for backup from mobile devices
It is recommended that backups from mobile devices happen over WiFi. However, you may configure inSync to backup data from mobile devices over data networks when WiFi is not available. This functionality is managed through profile and not at an individual user level.
Note: The mobile service provider may charge the user for the data transferred during backup over their network.
To allow backup over data networks
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Profiles.
- Click the profile you want to modify.
- Under the Mobile Access & Backup tab, in the Mobile Backup area, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- Select Enable mobile backup and select Mandatory from the adjacent list. Additional fields appear.
- Select Use data network if WiFi isn't available.
- Click Save.