About user quota
User quota is the maximum data that can be backed up or shared from a user's devices. It can also be defined as the maximum data contained in backup folders and share folder across a user's devices.
For example, consider a user for whom share is enabled. Assume that the user is backing up data from Desktop and Documents folders and is assigned a quota of 2 GB. At any time, the total data in the Desktop, Documents, and inSync Share folders on the laptop cannot exceed 2 GB. If the data in these folders exceeds 2 GB, backups and share from the laptop fail.
You can assign a quota restriction on the amount of data that a user can back up or share.When you assign a profile to a user, the quota specified for the user profile is assigned to that user. Changes to the quota settings of a profile are reflected for all users of the profile. You can also assign quota restrictions at a user level. The quota assigned at a user-level supersedes the quota specified at a profile-level. This means, if the quota assigned to the user is different from the one specified on the profile the user is assigned to, changes made to the quota on the profile will not be applied to that user.
Assigning user quota through profiles
To assign user quota through profiles
- On the menu bar, select Manage > Profiles.
- Click the profile that you want to modify.
- On the Profile Details page, under Summary, click Edit. The Edit Profile window appears.
- In the Quota per user field, assign the requisite user quota. If you do not want any restriction on the amount of data the user can back up or share, enter 0 (zero).
- Click Save.
Assigning quota to an individual user
To assign quota to an individual user
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Users.
- Click the user whose quota you want to modify.
- Click the Summary tab.
- Under User Summary, click Edit. The Edit User window appears.
- In the User quota field, assign the desired quota for the user. If you do not want any restriction on the amount of data the user can back up or share, enter 0 (zero).
- Click Save.