Storage pool data migration functionality
A storage pool acts as an automatic load balancer and ensures that data is evenly distributed across the various storage that are part of the pool. One of the way it achieves load balancing is by automatically migrating users and their data from a filled storage to a relatively empty one.
When a storage in a pool becomes 80% full, some of the users and their data are automatically migrated to another storage in the pool that is relatively free (less than 70% full). The migration happens without any intervention from the inSync administrators.
As an administrator, you can disable the data migration functionality for storage pools. Once disabled, none of the storage pools will allow migration of users and their data from one storage to another in the pool.
To disable the data migration functionality
- Log on to the server where inSync Master Server is installed.
- Open the inSyncServer.cfg file in a text editor. The file is located in the following directory:
- Windows: C:\inSyncCloud\inSyncServer4
- Linux: /etc/inSyncCloud/inSyncServer
- Set the value of MIGRATION_ENABLED parameter as False.
- Save the file.
If data migration is going on when you disable the data migration functionality, inSync will first complete the data migration and then enforce the change in functionality.