To customize the activation email message, you must create a single user. (If required, you can create a dummy user and later delete it.) When creating a user, the activation email is displayed and you can modify its text. Any change you make is saved and applied to all future activation emails.
To customize the activation email message
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Users.
- Click Create New. The Create New User window appears.
- Enter the required details for the user.
- Modify the subject line and the body of the text as required. When modifying the body of the email, make sure you include the following variables:
- %USER% - This variable represents the name of the user.
- %SERVERS% - This variable represents the URL of the inSync server.
- %MAIL% - This variable represents the email ID of the new user.
- %PASSWORD% - This variable represents the password of the new user's inSync account.
- %CLINK% - This variable represents the link on the Druva Website from where the user can download inSync client. To allow users to download the inSync client from a different location, replace %CLINK% with the path to the new location.
- Click Create User.
Note: You can use simple HTML tags for formatting the body of the email.