Downloading the edge server installer
You can download the inSync edge server installer by logging on to the inSync Admin Console. The download link is listed under the Downloads section on the right navigation pane. Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the download link.
Hardware and software prerequisites
|CPU||64-bit, dual core processor|
|Network card||10/100 Mbps fast Ethernet adapter|
|Disk space||125 MB for installing edge server|
|Operating system|| |
|Web browser|| |
|Free port||One free port for communication. By default, inSync uses port 6061 on the edge server.|
Before you begin, make sure that you have administrator or root privileges on the computer on which you want to install the edge server.
To install inSync edge server
- Double-click the edge server installer and click Next.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and click Next.
- In the Choose Destination Folder box, type or select the full path to the installation home directory.
- (Optional) Select shortcuts for launching the edge server.
- Click Install and then Finish.
From the directory that contains the .deb package, run the following command:
sudo dpkg -i <package_name>
In the above command, <package_name> represents the file name of the .deb package.
From the directory that contains the .rpm package, run the following command:
rpm -ivh <package_name/>
In this command, <package_name> represents the filename (along with the extension) of the .rpm package.