About high availability policy
If you want to ensure high availability of a primary storage, you can associate a primary storage with a secondary storage. By creating a high availability policy, you can choose to seed data to the secondary storage from the primary storage. You can associate only one secondary storage with a primary storage and vice-se-versa. You can assign a primary storage to a storage pool however the secondary storage cannot be added to the pool.The secondary storage will always be outside the pool.
Note: Druva recommends that you create a primary storage and a secondary storage of identical sizes on separate storage nodes.
Creating a high availability policy
To create a high availability policy
- On the menu bar, click Manage > High Availability.
- Click Create New. The Create New HA wizard appears.
- On the HA Overview page, enter the following details:
- Policy name: Enter the name of the HA policy.
- Primary Storage: Select a primary storage for the policy.
- Secondary Storage: Select a secondary storage for the policy.
- Backup to Secondary every: Select the frequency of backup from user devices to the secondary storage.
- On the Seeding Policy page, enter the following details:
- Enable Seeding: Enable seeding from primary storage to secondary storage.
- Populate secondary storage daily at: Select the duration for seeding. The seeding will stop after the specified duration even if all data changes are not seeded.
- Additionally, populate weekly on: Select the day on which weekly data will be seeded. The daily seeding will not be triggered on the day when weekly seeding is scheduled.
- Populate secondary storage weekly at: Select the weekly seeding schedule.
- Use dedicated IP/FQDN for destination: Enable a dedicated IP or fully qualified domain name to seed the secondary storage. If this checkbox is not selected, you can select an IP address from the list of IP addresses in the IP/FQDN for destination field.
- IP/FQDN for destination: The IP address or FQDN for seeding the secondary storage.
- Limit bandwidth consumption to: Specify the maximum bandwidth that can be used to seed the secondary storage. For unlimited bandwidth, enter 0 KBps or 0 MBps.
- Click Finish.