Before you begin
Before creating the object store, make sure that:
- The storage node on which you want to create the storage is up and running.
- You have admin or root privileges on the storage node.
- You created the folders that will be used as Database folder and Database log folder. Make sure that these folders can be accessed through the storage node.
- On the storage folders, you set the user "insyncserver" as the owner, and assign the group "insynserver" to this user. Use the chown command in the following format:
$ sudo chown insyncserver:insyncserver <storage folder>
- The Swift object store and KeyStone authentication system is set up and you have the requisite details such as IP address, port, access key, and pass key.
To create an object store
- On the inSync Admin Console menu bar, click Manage > Storage.
- Under the Storage List tab, click Create New Storage.
- Enter the relevant details. For more information, see Fields on the storage creation wizard.
- Click Finish.
Fields on the storage creation wizard
This section contains a brief description of the fields that appear when you create an object store.
This table describes the fields on the General Information page of the wizard.
|Storage name||Specify a name for the object store.|
|Storage node||Select the storage node on which you want to create the object store.|
|Storage type||Select the type of storage (primary or secondary) that you are creating.|
This table describes the field on the Data Volume page of the wizard.
|Storage type||Select Object Store.|
|Object store IP/FQDN||Enter the IP address or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the object store.|
|Port||Enter the port for connecting to the object store. The default value is 8080.|
|Access key||Enter the access key for Keystone.|
|Pass key||Enter the pass key for Keystone.|
|Size||Specify the size of data the object store can accommodate..|
|Storage consumption alert threshold||Specify the storage consumption threshold value. The storage consumption threshold value which when crossed, triggers a low disk space alert. For example, if the size of the storage is 10 TB and storage consumption alert threshold is 80%, an alert is triggered when 8 TB of storage is consumed.|
This table describes the fields on the Performance page of the wizard.
|Database folder|| |
Enter the path to the Database folder for the object store. You can create Database on a SAN, DAS, or SSD drive.
|Database log folder||Enter the path to the Database log folder for the object store. You can create Database log on a SAN or DAS drive.|
|Max. parallel connections||Enter the maximum number of parallel connections to the object store. |
Note: You can set this field to a maximum value of 500.
Storage Compaction Schedule
This table describes the fields on the Storage Compaction Schedule page of the wizard.
|Compact daily at||Specify the start time and duration for daily compaction.|
|Compact weekly on||Specify the scheduled day for weekly compaction.|
|Compact weekly at||Specify the start time and duration for weekly compaction.|