Before you begin
Before creating the file store, make sure that:
- The storage node on which you want to create the file store is up and running.
- You have admin or root privileges on the storage node.
- You created folders that will be used as the Data folder, Database folder, and Database log folder.
- (Linux) On the storage folders, you set the user "insyncserver" as the owner, and assign the group "insynserver" to this user. Use the chown command in the following format:
$ sudo chown insyncserver:insyncserver <folder>
To create a file store
- On the inSync Admin Console menu bar, click Manage > Storage.
- Under the Storage List tab, click Create New Storage.
- Enter relevant details on each step of the wizard. For information, see Fields in the storage creation wizard.
- Click Finish.
Fields in the storage creation wizard
This section contains a brief description of the fields that appear while creating a file store.
This table describes the fields on the General Information page of the wizard.
|Storage name||Specify a name for the storage.|
|Storage node||Select the storage node on which you want to create the file store.|
|Storage type|| |
Select the type of file store (primary or secondary) that you are creating.
Note: A secondary storage is created to ensure high availability of a primary storage. For more information, see Ensuring high availability of a storage.
This table describes the fields on the Data Volume page of the wizard.
|Storage type||Select File Store.|
|Data folder||Enter the path to the Data folder for the first data volume.|
|Size||Specify the size of data the file store can accommodate.|
|Storage consumption alert threshold||Specify the storage consumption threshold value. The storage consumption threshold value which when crossed, triggers a low disk space alert. For example, if the size of the storage is 10 TB and storage consumption alert threshold is 80%, an alert is triggered when 8 TB of storage is consumed.|
This table describes the fields on the Performance page of the wizard.
|Database folder|| |
Enter the path to the Database folder for the file store. You can create Database on a SAN, DAS, or SSD drive.
|Database log folder||Enter the path to the Database log folder for the file store. You can create Database log on a SAN or DAS drive.|
|Max. parallel connections|| |
Enter the maximum number of parallel connections to the file store.
Note: You can set this field to a maximum value of 500.
Storage Compaction Schedule
This table describes the fields on the Storage Compaction Schedule page of the wizard.
|Compact daily at||Specify the start time and duration for daily compaction.|
|Compact weekly on||Specify the scheduled day for weekly compaction of the file store.|
|Compact weekly at||Specify the start time and duration for weekly compaction.|