Step 1: Install the storage node
Before you begin, make sure that:
- You have administrative privileges on the computer on which you plan to install the inSync storage node.
- The time on the storage node and the time on the inSync server match after considering the time zone difference. Suppose the inSync server is in London and the storage node is in Mumbai. The time zone difference between these two cities is 4:30 hours. So, if the time on the inSync server is 1:00 PM, the time on the storage node must be 5:30 PM. If the time difference is more than 120 seconds, storage node registration will fail.
- You downloaded the inSync storage node installer.
To install inSync storage node
- Double-click the storage node installer and click Next.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and click Next.
- In the Choose Destination Folder field, specify the full path to the installation home directory.
- (Optional) Select shortcuts to access the inSync storage node.
- Click Install.
- On completion, click Finish.
Step 2: Generate the registration key
To generate the registration key
- On to the storage node, select Start > All Programs > Druva inSync Storage Node. The registration key is displayed.
- Copy the registration key.
Note: It is recommended that you generate the registration key only once. If you generate the registration key again, the old registration key becomes inactive. If you generate the key multiple times, register the storage node using the most-recent key.
Step 3: Register the storage node on the Master server
To register the storage node on the Master server
- Log on to the inSync Admin Console.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Storage Nodes.
- Click Create New Storage Node.
- Enter the following information about the storage node, and then click Next:
- Storage node name: Enter a name for the storage node.
- Primary IP (or) FQDN: Enter the IP address or FQDN of the storage node.
- Backup & sync port: Enter the port used by the storage node for backing up and synchronizing data. By default, port 6061 is used for this purpose.
- User web access port: Enter the port used to access inSync Web. By default, port 443 is used for this purpose.
- Storage node registration key: Enter the registration key for the storage node.
- Enter the edge server details, if you are using one. For more information, see Setting up inSync Edge Servers.
- Click Create Storage Node.
Note: Make sure that the ports specified when registering the storage node are free on the server where the storage node is installed.