This topic explains how to configure an email account for the inSync server.
Why inSync server needs an email account?
Various inSync activities require inSync server to send emails to its users and administrators. For example, when new users or administrators are added to inSync, inSync server sends their account information to them through an email. Similarly, inSync server can send reports to an administrator as an email attachment. To be able to send the emails, inSync server must have an email account.
Assigning an email account to the inSync server
Before you begin: You must create an email account that you can assign to the inSync server. Keep the SMTP server settings for sending emails through the chosen account handy. The SMTP server settings are required when assigning the email account.
To assign an email account:
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Settings.
- Click the Email Settings tab.
- Under Email Setup, click Edit. The Email Setup window appears.
- Enter the following information:
- SMTP server: Enter the SMTP server address for the email ID. For example, if you want to use a Gmail address for inSync, the SMTP server address is smtp.gmail.com.
- SMTP port: Enter the port number used by the SMTP server. The default value is 25.
- SMTP username: Enter the email ID chosen for inSync server.
- SMTP password: Enter the password for the email account.
- User secure connection: Select if TLS/SSL is required for email communication.
- Click Save.
The email ID is assigned to the inSync server.