This topic explains how to link a storage node to the inSync master server.
Registering the storage node
As part of inSync Private Cloud Deployment, you install inSync master server on one server and inSync storage node on one or more servers. For the master server to identify and interact with the storage nodes, you must create the storage nodes on the inSync Admin Console. By creating a storage node, you attach it to the master server.
Before you begin
- Make sure you can log on to the server where the inSync storage node (that you want to attach to the master server) is installed. For instructions on how to install inSync storage node, see Installing the storage nodes.
- Note down the server's IP address or fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
- Open up the following ports on the storage node server:
- Backup and sync port: This port is used to send backup data to the storage node. By default, port 6061 is used for this purpose.
- User web access port: This port is used to access inSync Web. By default, port 443 is used for this purpose.
Step 1: Generating the storage node registration key
To generate the storage node registration key:
- Log on to the server where the storage node is installed.
- Perform the next step depending on the OS of the platform.
- Windows: From the Start menu, click All Programs > Druva inSync Storage Node.
- Linux: Run the following comand.
sudo insync-storagenode-config.sh -k
The registration key is displayed.
- Copy the registration key.
Step 2: Registering the storage node on the master server
To register the storage node:
- Log on to the inSync Admin Console.
- On the menu bar, click Manage > Storage Nodes.
- Click Create New Storage Node. The Create New Storage Node window appears.
- Enter the following details:
- Storage node name: Enter a name for the storage node.
- Primary IP (or) FQDN: Enter the IP address or FQDN of the storage node server.
- Backup & sync port: Enter the port number that will be used by the storage node to backup and synchronize data.
- User web access port: Enter the port number used to access inSync Web.
- Click Create Storage Node.
The storage node is created.