This topic explains the process of installing an inSync storage node on Windows.
Before you begin
Before you install an inSync storage node, ensure that the following tasks are complete:
- You have administrative priviledges on the computer on which you plan to install the inSync storage node.
- You have downloaded the inSync storage node installation package on the computer on which you plan to install it.
To install inSync storage node:
- Double-click the inSync storage node installer.
- Click Next.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and click Next.
- In the Choose Destination Folder field, specify the full path to the folder where you want to install the storage node.
- Select shortcuts to access the inSync storage node.
- Click Install and then Finish.
You must now link the storage node to the inSync master server. This is a two step process:
- Log on to the inSync storage node server and generate the inSync storage node registration key.
- Log on to the inSync Admin Console and register the storage node. While registering the storage node you must provide the IP address of storage node, the registration key, and the ports used by the storage node.
For more information, see Creating a storage node.