This topic explains the procedure of installing inSync master server on Linux.
Before you begin
Before you install inSync master server on Linux, ensure that the following tasks are complete:
- You must have root priviledges on the computer on which you plan to install the inSync master server.
- The MySQL DB is running. You have the required information about accessing the database.
- You have downloaded the master server installation package on the computer where you are installing it. If you are installing the master server on Ubuntu, make sure you have downloaded the .deb package. If you are installing the master server on RHEL, make sure you have downloaded the .rpm package.
Installing inSync master server on Ubuntu
To install inSync master server
- From the directory that contains the .deb package, run the following command:
sudo dpkg -i <package_name>
In the above command, <package_name> represents the file name (along with the extension) of the .deb package.
Installing inSync master server on RHEL
To install inSync master server
- From the directory that cotains the .rpm package, run the following command:
rpm -ivh <package_name>
In the above command, <package_name> represents the filename (along with the extension) of the .rpm package.
To configure the inSync master server
- Open Terminal and run the following command:
- When prompted, enter the MySQL authentication details.
- Hostname: The IP address of the computer on which the MySQL database is installed.
- Port: The port required to connect to the MySQL database. The default value is 3306.
- Username: The user name of the MySQL account. Make sure that ALL privilege is assigned to this user.
- Password: The password used to access the MySQL user account.
- DB Name: The name of the MySQL database instance that is created while installing the Master server.
- When prompted, enter the first administrator details.
- Administrator Name: The display name of the first administrator.
- E-mail address: The e-mail ID of the first administrator. The administrator will need this ID to log on to the inSync Admin Console.
- Password: The password for the first administrator.
Note: As a good practice, do not change the password of the MySQL user after you have configured inSyc master server. However, if you do change the password, reconfigure inSync master server following the steps mentioned above. After configuration, manually stop and start all the inSync master server services. For the list of master server services, see inSync Log and Configuration Files.
About the insync-master-config.sh file
You can access the insync-master-config.sh file using the path: /opt/Druva/inSyncCloudServer/sbin/insync-master-config.sh
To view the various options in the file, run the following command:
sudo insync-master-config.sh -h
To reconfigure the administrator account, run the following command:
sudo insync-master-config.sh -f
This document has been written assuming you have assigned yourself the first administrator role. In case you have assigned somebody else the first administrator role, share the following information with the person:
- The MySQL user account details
- The IP address and backup port number of the master server
- The email address and password assigned to the administrator