This topic explains the process of installing inSync master server on Windows.
Before you begin
Before you install the master server on Windows, ensure the following tasks are complete:
- You must have administrator privileges on the computer on which you plan to install the master server.
- The MySQL DB is running. You have the required information about accessing the database.
- You have downloaded the inSync master server installation package on the computer on which you want to install it.
To install inSync master server
- Double-click the inSync master server installer.
- Click Next.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) and click Next.
- In the Choose Destination Folder field, specify the full path to the folder where you want to install the master server.
- Select shortcuts to access the inSync Master Management Console.
- Click Install and then Finish.
To configure the inSync master server:
- Launch the inSync Master Management Console.
Note: The inSync Master Management Console is launched automatically after installation of inSync master server is over. To launch the console manually, on the Windows Start menu click Start > All Programs > Druva inSync Master > inSync Master Server Management Console.
- Click Next.
- Enter the MySQL authentication details and then click Next. The information required are:
- Hostname: The IP address of the computer on which the MySQL database is installed.
- Port: The port required to connect to the MySQL database. The default value is 3306.
- Username: The user name of the MySQL account. Make sure that ALL privilege is assigned to this user.
- Password: The password used to access the MySQL user account.
- DB Name: The name of the MySQL database instance that is created while installing the Master server.
- Enter the Web Console details and then click Next. The information required are:
- Web Console Service TCP Port Number: The port used for accessing the inSync Admin Console. By default, inSync Server uses port number 6061. Make sure that the TCP port you assign to inSync is free.
- Administrator Name: The display name of the first administrator.
- E-mail address: The e-mail ID of the first administrator. The administrator will need this ID to log on to the inSync Admin Console.
- Password: The password for the first administrator.
- Click Finish.
Note: As a good practice, do not change the password of the MySQL user after you have configured inSync master server. However, if you do change the password, reconfigure inSync master server following the steps mentioned above. After the configuration, manually stop and start all the inSync master server services. For the list of master server services, see inSync Log and Configuration Files.
This document has been written assuming you have assigned yourself the first administrator role. In case you have assigned somebody else the first administrator role, share the following information with the person:
- The MySQL user account details
- The IP address and backup port number of the master server
- The email address and password assigned to the administrator