The following scenarios describe the impact on AD connector services if the operating system (OS) installed on a Server is updated or when a new Server is installed. Follow the recommended steps provided to ensure the AD connector services continue running smoothly.
When OS on a Server is updated
Follow the steps given below to ensure the AD connector services do not get disrupted if the operating system on the Server gets updated:
- Stop the AD connector services before updating the OS.
- Update the OS on the Server.
- Restart the AD connector services once the OS is updated. The services will run properly.
When a new Server is installed
Follow the steps given below to ensure the AD connector services continue working fine after installing the AD connector on the new Server:
- Stop AD connector services and then backup the entire AD connector directory on C:\inSyncADConnector directory.
- Decommission the old the AD connector from the instance.
- Install AD connector on new Server and stop the AD connector services.
- Copy the AD connector directory from the old server and replace it in the AD connector directory installed on the new server.
- Restart the AD connector services. The services will run properly.