As an inSync administrator, you might want a backup of the data that your organization stored on inSync Cloud. inSync’s restore and download functionalities might not be useful in such cases because you have to proceed with one user at a time and spend time downloading large amounts of data over the Internet. In such cases, Druva recommends that you use inSync’s bulk export feature to obtain a copy of your data and get it shipped to you in the storage medium that you prefer.
The salient features of the bulk export functionality are:
- You can choose to export data for all inSync users or for specific inSync users in your organization.
- You will receive data from the last snapshot of all devices for each user for whom you choose to export data.
- You provide the portable storage device on which data is backed up and shipped to you.
- Your data is shipped to an address of your choice.
- You can choose your own password to protect your data when it is in transit.
- Druva uses AWS Import/Export to ship a copy of your data to you. Druva does not have access to your data during the transfer process.
- You will have to bear the cost that AWS charges for this activity. For more information on AWS Import/Export, see https://aws.amazon.com/importexport/disk/.
- Bulk export functionality is currently not available on Microsoft Azure Storage. For more information on Microsoft Azure, contact Druva Sales.
Procedure to obtain a copy of your data
The following procedure lists the steps that you must perform to obtain a copy of your data from inSync Cloud:
Step 1: Enable the bulk export form.
Step 2: Place a request to bulk export data.
Step 4: Ship your portable storage device.
By default, the bulk export form is not enabled. You must enable the bulk export form on the inSync Master Management Console. To do this, submit a request to Druva Support
Before you begin
Before you place a request to bulk export data, you must ensure that all the users for whom you want to export data belong to the same region. If your users are distributed across regions, you must place one bulk export request for each region. To find out which users belong to the same region, use the filter by storage option on the Manage Users page of the inSync Master Management Console.
To place a bulk export data request:
- Log on to inSync Master Management Console.
- On the inSync Master Management Console menu bar, click Users. The Manage Users page appears.
- Select the data that you want to export:
- To export data for all users, click Bulk Export Data > Export Data for All Users.
- To export data for specific users, select the users, and then click Bulk Export Data > Export Data for Selected Users.
The Bulk Export Data window appears with the amount of data that you are about to export and the approximate cost for the AWS Import/Export service.
Note: Bulk export functionality is currently not available on Microsoft Azure Storage.
- Provide the appropriate information for each field:
- Password: Type the password that you want to use to encrypt your data.
- Shipping Address: Type the address where you want your data to be shipped.
- Click Place Request.
After you place a request to bulk export data, the Druva Support team contacts you to inform you about the cost for availing the AWS Import/Export service. You must pay for this service. After you pay for the AWS Import/Export service, Druva sends you the following items in an email:
- A signature barcode
- A digital signature
- The AWS address
You need these items to prepare and send your portable storage device to AWS.
To receive the copy of your data, you must send a portable storage device to AWS. When selecting your device, ensure that your storage device adheres to AWS guidelines specified at https://aws.amazon.com/importexport/disk/. Druva recommends that you send a storage device with an NTFS file system.
After you have identified your portable storage device, prepare and send your portable storage device to AWS:
- Place the digital signature at the root directory of your storage device.
- Tape the signature barcode to the exterior of your storage device.
- Ship the device to the AWS address that the Druva Support team provided in an email. Remember to include the device interface connectors and power supply.
After AWS receives your device, they load it with your data, and ship it to your address.
To access the data on your device, you need the password that you provided while creating the bulk export request. This is the ZIP password. To extract the files, use any archiving tool, such as 7zip, that is capable of unpacking large compressed files
The data is available in the following format: username/devicename/files.